1 marked by or composed of disconnected parts or sounds; cut short crisply; "staccato applause"; "a staccato command"; "staccato notes" [syn: staccato] [ant: legato]
2 having been divided; having the unity destroyed; "Congress...gave the impression of...a confusing sum of disconnected local forces"-Samuel Lubell; "a league of disunited nations"- E.B.White; "a fragmented coalition"; "a split group" [syn: disunited, fragmented, split]
3 marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions; "abrupt prose" [syn: abrupt]
4 not plugged in or connected to a power source; "the iron is disconnected"
5 lacking orderly continuity; "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts" [syn: confused, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected]
- past participle of disconnect
- The phone company disconnected my DSL.
- referring to a something that is no longer connected
- There's no use trying to make a call on the disconnected phone.
- Feeling a lack of empathy or association with something.
- I just feel so disconnected from people living on the other side of the world.
Feeling a lack of empathy or association with something
Disconnection is a practice in Scientology.
Disconnect may refer to:
Disconnected may refer to:
- Disconnected (The Buzzhorn album)
- Disconnected (Dry Cell album)
- Disconnected (Fates Warning album)
- Disconnected (Funkstörung album)
- Disconnected (Stiv Bators album), an album by Stiv Bators
- "Disconnected", a song by Face to Face from Don't Turn Away
- "Disconnected", a song by Idlewild from Warnings/Promises
- "Disconnected", a song by Queensryche from Promised Land
- "Disconnected", a song by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus from Ass Shaker/Justify/Face Down EP
- "Disconnected", a series of songs by Inspector K, featured in the dance game In the Groove
- Disconnected space, the opposite of connected space, in topology
alien, alienated, aloof, apart, broken, broken off, capricious, careening, catchy, chopped-off, choppy, confused, decousu, desultory, detached, deviative, disarticulated, discontinued, discontinuous, discrete, disengaged, disjoined, disjoint, disjointed, disjunct, disjunctive, dislocated, disordered, dispersed, disrelated, dissociated, disunited, divided, divorced, eccentric, episodic, erratic, estranged, exotic, flickering, fluctuating, foreign, gapped, garbled, guttering, halting, herky-jerky, heteroclite, illogical, immethodical, inchoate, incoherent, incommensurable, incomparable, inconsistent, inconstant, independent, insular, intermittent, intermitting, interrupted, irrational, irregular, irrelative, isolated, jagged, jerky, lurching, mixed-up, muddled, nonadherent, nonadhesive, noncoherent, noncohesive, noncontinuous, nonlinear, nonsequential, nonserial, nonuniform, open, other, outlandish, parenthetic, patchy, rambling, random, removed, rough, scattered, scrappy, segregate, segregated, separate, separated, sequestered, shut off, snatchy, spasmatic, spasmic, spasmodic, spastic, split, sporadic, spotty, staggering, strange, suspended, tenuous, unadhesive, unaffiliated, unallied, unassociated, unattached, uncertain, uncoherent, uncohesive, unconnected, unequal, uneven, unintelligible, unjoined, unmethodical, unmetrical, unorganized, unregular, unrelatable, unrelated, unrhythmical, unsettled, unsteady, unsuccessive, unsystematic, untenacious, variable, veering, wandering, wavering, wobbling, wobbly